Insider Marketing Tips for Fundraising
So you’re running a fundraiser for your team and you’ve run out of doors to knock on, businesses to stand out front of and relatives to pester. Seems like a dead end right?
With a touch of insider marketing knowledge, you can take your fundraising efforts to the next level.
(Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a marketing professional to use this info)
We’ve seen teams run into this issue time and time again, as always our goal is to make your campaigns as successful as possible. So, we brought in a full marketing team to help us figure out how to get your campaigns to the next level.
Here’s what we came up with:
1. Video: We can’t stress how important this is to a campaign. Research shows that fundraisers with an engaging video raise an average of 4 times more than those that don’t. Your video doesn’t need to be an expensive masterpiece by any means. We recommend taking a short video on your phone of you and the team and explain what the money from your fundraiser will go to.
BONUS: If you add a few clips of athletes discussing how much the team or sport means to them, people will be much more likely to engage with your cause.
2. Social Media: This seems like an obvious one, share the link anywhere and everywhere possible with your community on social media. Don’t forget about alumni pages, school pages and community boards! The more exposure people have to your cause, the more likely you are to reach your goals!
BONUS: Share the link multiple times throughout the campaign giving updates on time and proximity to the goal. Adding a layer of a time crunch can be enough to inspire people to finally buy from your site!
3. Email: Have a school newsletter? Be sure to use that as another avenue to promote your fundraising efforts.
4. Web: The school website is another great place to leave the link of your microshop. Remember, the more places that people can reach your microshop, the more likely they are to buy from it.
5. Video: We realize we put this earlier. But we needed to put it down twice to stress how important having a video can be.
6. Go Live: Research shows that live streaming is one of the most effective ways to engage with your audience. If you hop on a live stream throughout your campaign and update your donors and potential supporters, the average order value will likely increase. Our studies show that the reason live is so popular is that people appreciate authenticity and transparency more than ever on social media.
7. Text Blast: Having each of your athletes text the link for your store to 20 different contacts as soon as your campaign launches is one of our sure fire ways to get significant exposure to your community. Just to give you a visualization, a team of 30 athletes will reach 600 people just from texting alone. If even 30% of those people buy 1 item, you’ll be well on your way to a killer fundraiser!
8. Pick up the Phone: Yeah we know, it seems super old school. However, many people overlook the power of a good phone call. It may be awkward. We promise that many people will appreciate the personal sentiment of a call.
There you have it! 8 Tips from a team of marketing professionals that will help you maximize your fundraising efforts.
If you like what you’ve read and want to put it into practice, click the button below.